If you’re a first time visitor, make sure to check out Eat This: An Introduction.
My mom and I visited Boulder on a four-day trip, so my experience in the city is really limited. That being said, we loved all that Boulder had to offer – from the gorgeous scenery to the kind residents, the city gave us such a positive vibe with awesome food to boot. As always, feel free to comment if you have any questions!
1. The Mediterranean Restaurant (Tapas, Mediterranean; Lunch/Dinner)
- Menu: The Med Menu (This is the tapas menu – click around for lunch/dinner!)
- Reservations: Yes.
- Try: The tapas, especially the tuna tartare, smoked trout, and bacon-wrapped dates.
- Tips: This restaurant is affectionately called The Med. Tapas are only available during happy hour from 3-6:30PM, so try and visit in that time frame!
- Read my Yelp review here.
2. Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery (American; Lunch/Dinner)
- Menu: Mountain Sun Pub Menu
- Reservations: No.
- Try: The Date Night Burger. Fries. Also, nachos – toppings in between every layer, unlike some places where only the top chips get the love.
- Tips: The servers are awesome and great about giving you beers to sample if you’re not sure which one to order! It does get a bit crowded, so try to avoid peak hours.
3. The Buff (New American; Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch)
- Menu: The Buff Menu
- Reservations: No. Let’s be real, brunch places never take reservations.
- Try: The Olé Skillet.
- Tips: A lot of their menu items come with either queso or pork green chili. No need to choose – just get both! Portions are pretty big here.
4. Snooze (New American; Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch)
- Menu: Snooze (Colorado) Menu
- Reservations: No. Ditto The Buff above this.
- Try: Chili Verde Benny, Benny Duo
- Tips: Snooze has great options for people who just want to try everything: the Benny Duo lets you pick two different types of eggs benedict from their menu, while the Pancake Flight allows you to choose any three pancakes! Be warned that the Pancake Flight is on the sweeter side and isn’t huge – for a big, savory eater like me, it wasn’t enough by itself!
5. Boulder Baked (Sweets/Bakeries; Lunch/Dinner/Dessert)
- Menu: Boulder Baked Menu (This is the partial dessert menu – click around for others!)
- Reservations: No.
- Try: The wonderfully warm cookies – there are so many to choose from. Also loved the lemon cupcake and the strawberry shortcake cupcake.
- Tips: The cookies are baked on the spot, so be prepared to wait 10-15 minutes!